25 May 15 QUESTIONS – Getting To Know Our New Art Director Korri Lacalamita
1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? If I ever lived anywhere else besides Florida it would be Denver, CO or Tucson, AZ.
2. What motivates you to work hard? Being able to provide for myself and be independent. I also like being able to buy cool vintage stuff for my house.
3. What is your favorite thing about your career? Being able to combine my love of fine art and design all into one to come up with creative solutions for clients. Also being able to show up to work in sandals and a t-shirt isn’t so bad either.
4. What is your proudest accomplishment? Selling my illustrations to a gallery in Paris!
5. What makes you laugh the most? My animals – they have the weirdest personality traits and I’m convinced they could have a cartoon made about them.
6. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? I’m not really a sports person (I know shocking) but I’ll catch an Orlando City game every once and awhile and try to sing “Vamos Orlando” and fail miserably at remembering the lyrics.
7. What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most? NPR & 91.5 WPRK!
8. If you could eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Are French fries considered a meal? French fries.
9. If you had a warning label what would yours say? “Please keep well fed – may become hangry” or “No coffee, no workee”
10. What would you do if you won the lottery? Give half to my parents and use the other half to travel more.
11. What is the best gift you have ever been given? The gift of life, man – shout out to Vikki & Frank.
12. Who was your first crush? James Liberman in 4th grade – If you’re out there James I’m sorry I broke up with you because you bought the same white pants as me. But it was kinda weird.
13. What was the last thing you recorded on TV? People still record stuff on TV?
14. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? Well having no musical skill – I would’ve loved to be the tambourine girl for Fleetwood Mac.
15. What was your favorite subject in school? AP Art History with Mrs. Jennings & AP Studio art 1&2 with Ms. Caruso. I wouldn’t be a graphic designer if it wasn’t for these two amazing women inspiring me in high school.