16 Feb Getting To Know Troy – 15 Questions
1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Somewhere where it’s Fall year-round. Know of a place?
2. What motivates you to work hard? I grew up with hardworking parents, so I think it’s in my DNA. But seeing our employees and clients succeed as a result of our efforts is great motivation.
3. What is your favorite thing about your career? It’s always a challenge. Every day is different and there are new problems and opportunities around every turn.
4. What is your proudest accomplishment? Personal – raising two great sons – work in progress, by the way. Work – helping to build SIL and making it a place employees and clients want to come to.
5. What makes you laugh the most? Man, my kids make me laugh daily. It’s amazing what they come up with.
6. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? I feel like my life revolves around baseball these days. It’s great fun to watch my kids participate and advance. I’m reliving my youth vicariously.
7. What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most? I listen to Sirius/XM radio. My oldest son controls our morning stations and we always look forward to the QOD (Question of the day) on The Pulse. P.S., I’m getting really tired of listening to Top 40.
8. If you could eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Tough question. If I wanted to live longer, I’d lean towards the “good-for-you” stuff. But I love a good steak and potatoes.
9. If you had a warning label what would yours say? It takes a lot to get me angry, but if you do, run for the hills.
10. What would you do if you won the lottery? Depends on the amount, I guess. $1M? Keep busting it. $10M+? Goodbye.
11. What is the best gift you have ever been given? My parents gave me a minibike when I was about 9 years old. It was a used Honda that needed work, but I was king of the world with that thing.
12. Who was your first crush? I had a few in first grade. Started early.
13. What was the last thing you recorded on TV? Oscars, but I didn’t watch. Heard it was boring.
14. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? I’d take Adam Clayton’s (bass player for U2) gig any day of the week.
15. What was your favorite subject in school? I loved art and really loved science. It’s probably why I do this thing we do, which is a perfect combination of the two.